Hauling yourself out of bed in the morning and committing to a morning exercise routine can be difficult—especially if you’re not a “morning person”. But here’s something you should know—there are many benefits to sweating off those extra pounds in the early hours. Here are five reasons why morning exercises may be great for you:
- Early bird exercising increases your body’s metabolism. Doing cardio or strength training in the morning jump starts your metabolism, and the effects last throughout the day. This means you will be burning unwanted fat even when you’re sitting at a desk!
- It is easy to defer evening exercises. After a long, stressful day at work, it’s tempting to skip your fitness training routines, and relax in front of the TV instead. People who make it a habit to exercise in the morning find it easier to maintain and keep their workout plans.
- You are training your body to be more active and energetic. When you get into the custom of regularly exercising in the morning, your body will start to anticipate this. After a week or two, your body will start producing endorphins right before you wake up. A natural boost of endorphins in the morning will make you less groggy and more alert. It’s far better for you than that extra cup of coffee. Tough it out for a few weeks, and you will surely see great results!
- It’s good for your brain. Exercising in the morning will make you mentally sharp during the day. All those wonderful chemicals that exercise releases into your bloodstream help your brain function better, keeping you more focused and alert, and a step closer to a possible promotion.
- You can expect to sleep soundly. Exercising at night before going to bed disrupts your natural body cycles. All the benefits mentioned above will occur, but they won’t happen until later in the day. What you don’t want to do is lie awake until 3 in the morning, because you’re too wired up from doing cardio. Switching from night exercises to morning workout routines will help prepare your body to rest at the end of the day, and you can expect a relaxing sleep.
Contact me if you need help in creating a morning workout plan that will help turn your life around. In-Home, Personal Training Programs are available Colleyville, Southlake, Grapevine, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Texas area.